Are you ready to book your next Virgin Voyages vacation? Book with Cheap Cruises for great fares and valuable benefits! You get more when you book with us instead of booking directly with Virgin Voyages. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Call us at 800-972-7447 if you need help finding the perfect cruise.
Great news! Virgin Voyages ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Virgin pre-boarding screening policies and communications
Upon arrival, all Sailors are required to fill out a health declaration (aka the health check form). Those who have answered “yes” to any of the questions will be sent to a secondary screening in the event that they may have been exposed or potentially infected. Please refer to the CDC’s criteria for when not to travel, and note if any of their recommendations apply to you.
- In addition to pre-voyage assessments completed by those who are deemed high risk of becoming infected with SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus), we will collect a pre-voyage medical questionnaire/health declaration that all Sailors must complete before boarding the ship
- This pre-voyage medical questionnaire opens up for completion in the Virgin Voyages Sailor App — 24 hours prior to sailing
- Sailors cannot board the ship until they have completed this questionnaire
- If Sailors’ responses cause our medical team concern (i.e. a Sailor has answered “Yes” to any question) Sailors will be asked, on arrival at the terminal, to meet with the Virgin Voyages medical care crew for an evaluation prior to boarding
- The medical care team will decide, based on this evaluation, if a Sailor is fit to travel or not
- If deemed not fit to travel, those particular Sailors will be denied boarding
- We do not require travel insurance to sail, but strongly advise Sailors to purchase private travel insurance and make sure that it covers you for COVID-related expenses
- At a minimum, you should have coverage for the cost of cancellation by yourself and the cost of medical treatment and assistance, including repatriation, or in the event of an accident or illness
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the insurance you purchase is suitable for your particular needs, and to purchase additional or alternative insurance if required
- Please read your policy details carefully and bring your policy with you
- If you choose to travel without adequate insurance, we may not be liable for any losses suffered by Sailors with respect to what insurance covers
Lastly, just as a final reminder, you cannot travel if you have been advised that you are:
- Experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Self-isolating as a result of COVID-19 symptoms
- Sharing a household or support bubble with somebody who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
- If you’re unsure as to whether or not you’re in a high-risk health group, please call Sailor Services for additional support
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Virgin Voyages Cruise?
We will be requiring that all Sailors and Crew be vaccinated to sail with us. Below you can find a detailed breakdown of our vaccine requirements:
- Proof of vaccination (including brand and dates of doses).
- You must be more than 2 weeks out from your final dose to come aboard
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Masks are required for the test site, terminal, and while on shuttle services. And based on the latest developments and the CDC’s recommendations, until January 31st, we are requiring Sailors wear masks indoors except while eating and drinking.
- After that date, we aim to return to a full maskless experience on board.
- Our Crew will be wearing them as well at all times.
- We’ll also provide masks in cabins or on request to any Sailor who may need or want one.
- While off the ship at each port, we’ll be following local government guidelines as it pertains to mask-wearing and we ask that our Sailors adhere to their local mandates.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Guests will be able to leave the ship at port, when included in activities on land that meet the sanitation or physical distancing requirements as on the ship.
- Managing the arrival and disembarkation times of Sailors and Crew at the port terminals, so that necessary physical distancing is possible.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.