Great news! Uniworld Boutique River Cruise ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Prior to embarkation ALL guests will need to provide one of the following:
- A verifiable and negative result of a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the start of their cruise.
- A verifiable and negative result of a rapid antigen test taken within 72 hours of the start of their cruise.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Uniworld Boutique River Cruises?
All guests on Uniworld cruises or cruise/tours departing between August 13, 2021, and December 31, 2021, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to travel
- Guests under the age of 12 will be exempt from this vaccination requirement, however, they will be asked to provide a negative PCR or Antigen test result taken within 72 hours of embarkation.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose given at least 14 days prior to the start of their cruise.
What proof of Vaccine do I need to provide?
- Upon embarkation, guests will be asked to present their original COVID-19 vaccination record, showing full vaccination with an approved vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria, or Johnson & Johnson), with the final dose administered no less than two weeks prior to embarkation.
- As individual cities, countries and onshore venues may also require proof of vaccination at any point during the trip, we highly recommend taking a picture of any paper vaccination record in case of loss of the original and bring any digital records that you may have been issued.
- All guests should familiarize themselves with requirements imposed by airlines and/or countries which may differ from the vaccine requirements listed above. There are several resources available to help find this information, including the official government website for each country and the Travel Requirements section of the Uniworld website.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements:
Tests that are required onboard for the re-entry to a guest’s home country will be at the expense of the guest; however our onboard team will help facilitate those mandatory tests with as little impact as possible to the guest experience.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to wear a mask?
All guests may be required to wear a facemask or maintain physical distancing while on board. Guests who are exempt from wearing a face mask or other such requirement due to health impairment or disability, will need to carry proof, such as a doctor’s note, to show if requested.
Things to know:
- All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website and the website of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Can I get off the ship at port?
Guests may participate in Uniworld Boutique River Cruise sponsored tours and activities.
Things to know:
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise are working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Ships and terminals will undergo a thorough sanitization between sailings and guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
All meals are served, with no self-service buffets
Things to know:
- All outside doors and access to the interior of the ships are locked when docked. Only registered guests can access the ship using a key card.
- All guests and luggage are verified against the manifest at check-in.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- Cameras are present at the entrance of the ship and in public areas, and are monitored by our reception staff.
- Trained security staff are posted at the gangway 24 hours a day.
- Ships are patrolled by trained staff 24/7.All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.