In order to stay Covid-free, the French Polynesian government has established strict entry requirements that are applicable to all travelers arriving by air. Paul Gauguin Cruises protocol for a safe cruise meet these requirements.
Prior to boarding flight:
- You must have proof of a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test (list of approved and non approved tests) carried out within three days prior to international air departure. The results of this test must be negative and the medical document confirming this, issued by a doctor, hospital or medical clinic must be presented to airline staff upon check-in prior to boarding the flight to French Polynesia.
- You must complete the online health document Electronic Travel Information System (ETIS) at Etis.pf and obtain a receipt and authorization to travel. A printout of this authorization receipt must be presented upon check-in, along with the Covid-19 test results, in order to be able to board the flight to French Polynesia. These documents will also need to be presented upon arrival at Tahiti’s Faa’a International Airport and carried with you at all times while in Polynesia.
- If you are traveling to French Polynesia on Air Tahiti Nui from Los Angeles to Papeete, a list of testing-locations to obtain the Covid-19 RT-PCR test in Southern California can be found here. Sanitary measures taken during flights on Air Tahiti Nui can be found here.
- You are required to have travel insurance or to sign a declaration assuming all associated medical, confinement, or repatriation costs, should you fall ill during your stay.
During your stay in French Polynesia:
- Guests will be required to take a Covid-19 RT-PCR test within 24 hours of embarkation. A test site will be open at the pier from 8:00 am to 10:00 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Testing during these time slots will ensure results are received prior to the 3:00 pm embarkation. The cost of this test is $59 per person and will be billed to guest’s onboard account. Guests who are scheduled to arrive Papeete the afternoon or evening on the day of embarkation will be tested at the pier prior to boarding and will be asked to remain in their cabin pending test results.
Testing site location:
Cruise Ship Terminal
Quai des Paquebots
Pape'ete 98714, French Polynesia