At the Airport
Use Touchless Check-in Options
- Avoid waiting in line to use the check-in kiosks at the airport:
- Use your smartphone to check in to your flight on your airline’s mobile app in advance
- Save your boarding pass straight to your phone.
- Check in via the airline’s website and print your boarding pass at home.
- If you have bags to check, consider using the skycap outside to avoid lines (if they’re open at your airport), but don’t forget to tip a couple of dollars per bag.
- To further decrease touch points as you check in and get through security for your flight, consider bringing a zip-lock bag to put your ID in until you have a chance to disinfect it after it’s been handled by airport or TSA personnel.
Ditch the Bins at TSA Checkpoints
- Put personal items such as cellphones, keys, lip balm and tissues in carry-on bags instead of in a bin to avoid cross-contamination as recommended by The Transportation Security Administration.
- The TSA has implemented procedures to increase social distancing and reduce direct contact between travelers and agents as illustrated on the next page.
Keep Social Distance While Boarding
- Most airlines have changed their boarding procedures to minimize the number of passengers who pass by others who are already seated.
- Boarding is now typically from the back of the plane, five rows at a time.
- Do not crowd into the door to the jetway until your row is called and maintain 6 feet of distance from those not in your party while in the jetway and in the aisle as you reach your seat.
At Baggage Claim
- Maintain 6 feet social distance when claiming your bag.
- It might be prudent to wait until most other passengers have claimed their baggage before removing yours from the belt so you can avoid the crowds.
Onboard your Flight
Face Masks MAY be Required
- Bring a face mask or face covering and wear it at the airport and on the plane.
- All major U.S. airlines require passengers to wear them.
- Some airlines, including American, Delta and United will ban passengers who refuse to wear them.
- You can take off your face covering for a short period while you eat or drink. But make sure to put it back on when you’re done. And continue to wear it inside the airport upon arrival.
- Forget a mask? Many airlines and airports hand them out to travelers, and they are for sale at airport shops and in some places, vending machines.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cheap Cruises instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Shop now to get the very best rewards and the lowest rates with Cheap Cruises or call 800-972-SHIP(7447).