Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- Guests will be educated about PONANT’s sanitary protocol prior to boarding
- Prior to boarding, all guests and crew members will have to present a signed doctor’s *medical form, complete a health questionnaire and undergo a health check and screening by the ship’s medical staff.
- 30 days before departure: First health questionnaires to be completed by personal doctor
- 2 days before departure: Guests are to self-check which entails negative individual test* (if allowed) + no contact with persons at risk + no symptoms
- Before boarding: passengers to hand over second medical questionnaire “declaration of health” and have a medical examination by PONANT medical team.
- Guests will be denied boarding by PONANT medical team IF:
- Test results are positive
- Test results are older than 48 hours (another alternative is possible)
- Confinement declared not implemented
- Mandatory confinement after PCR test is not respected
- Temperature >100.4 or symptoms detected
- Automated and systematic temperature measurement terminals at each passage through strategic locations such as gangways. Every guest will receive temperature measurements prior to boarding.
Increased Sanitation Measures
- All luggage will pass through a disinfecting zone by sanitizing mist or UV lamps.
- Surgical and cloth masks, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer bottles will be provided to passengers
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Hourly disinfecting of high-touch points, such as door handles and handrails, with EcoLab peroxide, which eliminates 100% of germs and bacteria
- Each guest will be provided with “precautionary kits” (clothe masks, category 2 surgical masks, wipes, disinfectant sprays, hydroalcoholic gel…)
- Disinfection of food products and supplies by misting, chlorine bath or solution, high pressure steam or peroxide product.
- Only persons who have been authorized in advance may board the ship, in strick compliance with boarding protocol.
- 100 percent fresh air in staterooms, through non-recirculating air conditioning systems.
- Ventilated air will be renewed in the common areas at least five times per hour.
- Virus removal using ventilated processing units equipped with UV sterilizations system.
- Restaurant layouts have been redesigned and will only offer contactless a la carte dining options.
- For breakfast and lunch: continuous service in restaurants with extended time slots
- For dinner: 1 to 2 catering services at the gourmet restaurant depending on the number of guests, and by reservations for restaurants on the pool deck when they are open.
- Automated and systematic temperature measurement terminals at each passage through strategic locations such as restaurant entrances.
Responsible Social Distancing
- Public spaces, such as the fitness room and theater will be capped at 50 percent occupancy. Maximum 2 guests in the shop at a time.
- Public spaces will enforce 6 ft social distancing and guests will be encouraged to use barrier gestures.
- Crew members are required to wear a mask or protective visor when in contact with guests.
- Guests will be asked to wear a mask in hallway corridors and will be recommended in public spaces.
Enhanced Medical Resources
- Thanks to large investments over several years, PONANT has some of the most complete and renowned onboard medical centers in the world of cruising.
- Each vessel is equipped with advanced hospital equipment, including mobile laboratory terminals that enable testing on site for infectious or tropical diseases.
- Advanced diagnostic equipment such as ultrasound, radiology and blood biological analysis is available fleet-wide, one doctor and one nurse are present on every sailing.
- All ships will have five vacant staterooms should guests need to isolate.
- Medical team onboard comprised on at least one doctor and one nurse on each cruise trained to risks and protocols and available 24/7.
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- Shore excursions will be carried out only in regions where the epidemic is under control and in uninhabited areas.
- 6 guests maximum per zodiac.
- Zodiacs will be thoroughly disinfected after each stopover.
- Re-boarding after shore excursions will only be permitted after temperature check and disinfection procedures (individuals and personal belongings).
- Guests will be asked to fill out a third questionnaire for post-disembarkations follow-up and potential tracking.