Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- All guests and crew embarking a ship will undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screening in accordance with prevailing health best practices, such as health questionnaires and touch-free temperature checks as appropriate
- Those identified at risk will undergo an additional health evaluation by medical staff
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Ships and terminals undergo a more thorough sanitization between cruises using electro-static applications through specialized machines in highly-trafficked public areas (including all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcade and all crew public areas).
- The temperature in our washers and dryers has been increased for enhanced disinfection of laundered goods, including bedding, tablecloths, towels, napkins, etc.
- At night, a deep cleaning and disinfection process is conducted utilizing electro-static applications through specialized machines in highly-trafficked public areas (including all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcade and all crew public areas).
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Routinely use a safe disinfectant proven to quickly kill novel coronaviruses
- Staterooms and public areas sanitized more frequently with cleaning and disinfection protocols developed in coordination with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Expanded disinfection methods using emerging and advanced technologies that are proven effective against coronavirus and other germs
- More frequent sanitizing of tables, chairs, menus and other surfaces in restaurants and bars before use.
- More frequent open deck sanitation of sun loungers, outdoor furniture, mini-golf, sports equipment, handrails, etc.
- Additional sanitizing of frequently hand-touched surfaces in all public areas and lounges, all restaurants, lobbies, elevators, handrails, public phones, counters, public displays, medical centers, gangways, casino chips, games, slot machines, fitness machines, children’s toys, and security screening equipment, among others.
- Hand Hygiene – Additional handwashing facilities and hand sanitizing stations positioned in high-traffic areas throughout the ship
- Health Information – providing regular health reminders about the ways to stay healthy onboard and when ashore
- Wherever possible, staff is serving guests at food stations, including the Lido buffet and ice cream machines. Where not possible due to layout restrictions or other locations such as condiment set-ups and salsa bars, dedicated personnel are posted to monitor these stations and service and ensure they are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner. In any self-service areas that remain, serving utensils are replaced on a more frequent basis.
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms and surfaces frequently touched. All guest corridors including handrails and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized. During instances that guests display flu-like symptoms, the stateroom will receive additional deep cleaning.
- Hand-washing sinks and/or hand sanitizing applications are available at the entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido buffet. A roster of guest communications detailing proper hand-washing techniques are visible throughout the ships and reiterated by staff and officers onboard.
- Enhanced fresh air distribution into public spaces and staterooms
- HEPA filtration systems to key areas such as Medical Centers and dedicated isolation rooms
- Health checks as appropriate during the cruise for guests
- Health checks as appropriate during the cruise for crew
Responsible Social Distancing
- Responsible physical distancing managed by adjusting the flow, timing and size of groups
Enhanced Medical Resources
- Rapid response and contact tracing plans in case of on-board illness
- A team of highly-trained medical staff including qualified doctors and nurses who have experience in caring for a broad range of medical conditions
- Medical Centers that have both outpatient and inpatient facilities including critical care capabilities
- Medical Centers modified for infection control best practices including dedicated air handling systems with 100% fresh air supply and HEPA exhaust filtration
- Medication onboard that improves COVID-19 clinical outcomes
- COVID-19 testing capabilities onboard and/or ashore with designated laboratories for potential cases onboard
- Dedicated isolation and quarantine rooms should they be needed
- Any guest or crew member who exhibits symptoms of influenza or upper respiratory infection with fever is strongly encouraged to visit the medical center for a complimentary medical consultation.
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- Ongoing training and education of medical staff in the latest clinical care practices for managing COVID-19 cases
- Trained onboard staff to monitor compliance with health measures
- Training of all crew in COVID-19 health protocols
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- Partnerships with local and regional medical providers
- Working with local health authorities, destinations and other key partners to ensure alignment on our enhanced health measures.
- Monitor disease activity and health regulations in the destinations we visit, and adjust the itinerary as necessary.