Book with Confidence
Holland America Line has temporarily adjusted our cancellation policy to make it easier for you to cancel or change plans.
Book any cruise that departs through October 31, 2021—you must book by January 31, 2021—and you can cancel for any reason up to 30 days before departure and automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of non-refundable fees collected by Holland America Line (the remainder will be refunded to you). You can use the Future Cruise Credit when you're ready to book your next cruise vacation.
For cruises departing through April 30, 2021, we have reduced the final payment schedule to 60 days before sailing to give you more choice and flexibility in your travel planning.
Once your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) has been issued to your account, you have 12 months from date of issue to book another cruise (departing on or before December 31, 2022) using the credit. A Future Cruise Credit is a credit voucher, similar to a gift card. For your convenience, FCCs are automatically associated to your Mariner ID and available in your Holland America Line account, which you can use toward any new or existing cruise booking.
- Future Cruise Credits can be applied to existing bookings
- FCCs can be applied across multiple bookings if there is a balance remaining. Any remaining FCCs in your account will be available for use on a new or existing booking until the balance is used.
- For guests awarded FCCs as part of a promotion, or for a sailing that we have cancelled, expiration dates do apply. Guests impacted by the global pause in shipboard operations in 2020 will have until December 31, 2021 to book a cruise of their choosing, which must be scheduled to depart no later than December 31, 2022.
How To Redeem Your Future Cruise Credit or request a refund.
- Once your Future Cruise Credit has been issued to your account, you have 12 months from date of issue to book another cruise (departing on or before December 31, 2022) using the credit. Please call your travel agent to redeem and book.
Refunds: Your entire booking including cruise fare, air add-ons, ground transfers, pre-cruise and post-cruise hotel and tour packages, excluding Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses, is subject to the same cancellation policy. Refunds will be made directly to the method of payment you used to book with Holland America Line.
- CANCELLATION POLICY EXCEPTION: If you have purchased a specially priced promotion that is 100% non-refundable from the point of payment, you are not entitled to any refund, payment, compensation or credit.