Update: Royal Caribbean has temporarily ceased the sale of new bookings for cruises longer than 7 nights between Jan. 1 and Nov. 1, 2021 pending further clarification from the CDC. To ensure compliance, we have temporarily paused the sale of such cruises as we evaluate options and determine the necessary itinerary updates or changes.
As we continue to prepare and plan for our healthy and safe return to cruising, additional time is necessary to evaluate and work through the full cruise experience to ensure we’ve covered all aspects. We continue our open dialogue with the CDC to ensure complete alignment and to gain further clarity on our path forward, as well as the requirements for the simulation voyages. Due to this, the tough decision has been made to extend our sailing suspension through February 28, 2021 and through April 2021 for Australia/New Zealand cruises.
There are a couple of key exceptions to note:
- Quantum Singapore sailings are excluded from this suspension as the ship is in the process of resuming service to local residents.
- Spectrum China sailings from Jan 2-20, 2021 are cancelled, but Jan 24 – Feb 28, 2021 are unimpacted by this suspension and remain open
Impacted guests confirmed on sailings departing June 12 – January 15, 2021 can elect to 1) accept a Future Cruise Credit, 2) move to a future sailing with the new Lift & Shift option, or 3) request a refund:
- Option 1: 125% Future Cruise Credit: Your best value! You will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the amount paid, to be redeemed on-or-before December 31, 2021 on sailings through April 2022. This is the option you will automatically receive if you don't take any action.
- Option 2: Lift & Shift: On or before December 16, 2020 you can opt to move your existing booking to a 2021 sailing – we’re happy to move you! You will keep the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. Chat with us or call for more details.
- For example, If you are booked for the July 4th week of 2020 then you must book either the same 4th of July week or within 4 weeks before or after that week in 2021. (June 4th-Aug 4th 2021 week).
- Option 3: Refund: If you wish to decline the higher value 125% Future Cruise Credit and receive a lower value 100% refund of the cruise fare, you must request a refund by December 31, 2020. If you are requesting a refund please chat with us or call for more details. *Note: refunds take 90 days to process.