Most U.S., Cuban born, and international guests are welcome in Cuba while on a cruise vacation under a general license.
Currently, there are 12 authorized OFAC compliant categories of travel that are permitted when visiting Cuba. These include:
- family visits
- official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations
- journalistic activity
- professional research and professional meetings
- educational activities
- religious activities
- public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions
- support for the Cuban people
- humanitarian projects
- activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes
- exportation, importation, or transmission of information or informational materials
- certain authorized export transactions
For the most up to date information on travel to Cuba please visit the website of the U.S. Embassy in Cuba.